Thursday, March 8, 2018

Make It Monday: You're Amazing!




Happy Thursday!  I have a card to share today.  I am playing along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge.  This week Lexi has challenged us to Color Wheel Cards.  



This is my take on the challenge.  First of all, I finally got me a much wanted wishlist item.  I got the Window Works die.  I have wanted this amazing set of four dies for what seems like forever!  So, naturally, when the challenge was issued, I thought to myself I am going to use one of these window frames.  My take became more of an inside wheel design.  




I chose to keep my card very clean and simple...for me, anyway.  I started with some PTI Stamper's Select White card stock.  I stamped the floral images using 2018 Anniversary Set: Mixed Bouquet stamp set.  I chose to use only five images in my color wheel. I wanted the colors and images to fit inside the frame without being too crowded in keeping with a clean and simple style.   However, I did mix other colors on the image.  I used PTI  pure poppy, scarlet jewel, harvest gold, bright buttercup, simply chartreuse, green parakeet, blueberry sky, amethyst allure, and hibiscus burst inks.  




I added foam tape to the top panel to pop it up off of the actual stamped piece underneath.  I added a sentiment from Penned Elegance stamp set using versafine onyx black ink.  I added my panel to a piece of amethyst allure card stock.   I finished with a few clear sequins.



I am also playing along with The Paper Players Spring Theme Challenge and Casology  Abstract Challenge (inside color wheel that is not a wheel or even a circle).



As always thanks so much for stopping by!






12 comments

  1. I love your take on the card! Very pretty design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an elegant frame you've created for your color wheel! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and creative Betty! Love the fancy frame! Great take on the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bright colours peeking through! So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty... love this card! Great abstraction... the soft flowers popping from the leaf... so subtle and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the sweetest card ever! Love how you made your color wheel, so clever and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous window and such a pretty little "scene" inside! Love those fresh colors together! Thanks for playing and sharing this with us this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card. Love your bold colors, and how you kept the card CAS by limiting the colors to your open window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique card--such a gorgeous die cut and I love your pop of color! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant, Betty! I just got the window dies & can't wait to use them! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot about the Window Works Dies, and you showcased it beautifully. Love how your colorful images are tucked inside, Betty, with lots of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative and beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.