Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: At Home!





It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!





The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!



For my card I started with some designer papers that I have had for quite awhile.  I just loved the wood and tiny flower combination.  I thought it worked well with the inspiration photo.  I found a piece of white card stock already die cut with the Life Style Craft's Trelis border die.  I decided to use it to ground my focal images. 



Next, I die cut and stamped two flower images from MFT Stamps Fall Florals stamp set and die namics.  I die cut the "thanks" from MFT thanks and hello die namics.  I cut it four times.  Three with white cardstock and once with pattern paper.  I added some Ranger Crackle Medium in a not so perfect way (so there were some bald spots) and let it dry overnight.  The next day I sponged on some ranger inks to add definition to the distressed application areas as well as to the crackle accents.





I die cut a stitched sentiment strip and gold embossed a sentiment from MFT Kind Thanks stamp set.  I thought this sentiment worked perfectly for the "gold" heart in the inspiration photo.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  I am also playing along with MFT Thankful For You!  



Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs 
for more inspiration!








As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

4 comments

  1. Such a pretty card Betty. Love the paper behind the elegant trellis border die-cut... the crackle medium looks awesome on the die-cut word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous....love that patterned paper and your amazing design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.